Guideline on How much to Install Christmas Lights
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! And one of the best parts is getting your home all decked out for Christmas. If you’re like most people, you want to go all out with the decorations, but you don’t want to go overboard and spend a fortune in the process. So how much to install Christmas lights?
Here is a guideline based on the size of your home
If you have a small home:
You can get away with using fewer lights, since a smaller space doesn’t require as much to look festive. A good rule of thumb is to use about 100 lights for every 1,000 square feet of your home. So if your home is 1,000 square feet, you would use around 100 lights.
If you have a medium-sized home:
Again, you don’t need as many lights as you would for a larger home, but you’ll want to bump up the number a bit. aim for 200 lights for every 1,000 square feet of your home. So if your home is 1,500 square feet, you would use about 300 lights.
If you have a large home:
Now we’re talking! A large home is the perfect canvas for an over-the-top Christmas light display. For every 1,000 square feet of your home, use about 400 lights. So if your home is 2,000 square feet, you would use around 800 lights.
Of course, these are just guidelines and you can always use more or less depending on your personal preference. But following these tips will help you create a festive display that is sure to impress your friends and neighbors.
Things to keep in mind when installing Christmas lights
When installing Christmas lights, it’s important to keep a few things in mind. Here are some tips:
- Make sure you have enough extension cords to reach all of the lights
- Avoid running cords across walkways or doorways
- Don’t overload electrical outlets
- If you’re using LED lights, be careful not to overload the transformer
- Hang lights safely and securely so they don’t fall down or get tangled up
If you’re not sure how to install Christmas lights, there are plenty of tutorials online. Just do a quick Google search and you’ll be up and running in no time.
Benefits of using Christmas lights
Christmas lights are a great way to add some extra holiday cheer to your home. Not only do they make your home look festive, but they can also be a fun way to celebrate the season. Here are some of the benefits of using Christmas lights:
- They add extra warmth and brightness to your home during the winter months
- They can help create a cheerful and festive atmosphere
- They can be a fun way to get into the holiday spirit
- They can make your home more visible during the night, which can be helpful if you’re hosting a holiday party
- They can help you save on energy costs, as LED lights use less energy than traditional Christmas lights
So if you’re looking for a way to add some extra holiday cheer to your home, consider installing some Christmas lights. You’ll love the results!
Patriot Illumination – Wilmington Christmas Light Installation
229-B Transfer Station Rd Unit 2, Hampstead, NC 28443