How to Save Money on Christmas Light Installation Prices
Christmas is coming, and with it the usual flurry of activity-including the installation of Christmas lights. If you’re looking to save a little money on Christmas light installation prices this year, one way to do so is by installing your own Christmas lights. Here are a few tips on how to do so efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Plan your route: Before you start stringing up lights, it’s important to map out where you’ll be putting them. This will help you avoid any unnecessary backtracking or wasted time. Once you have a plan, make sure to measure the length of each section so you know how much light to buy.
- Use zip ties: This is a great way to keep your lights secure and in place, without having to worry about them falling or blowing away. Simply wrap them around the light strand and then around whatever you’re attaching the lights to-be it a tree branch, gutter, or fence post.
- Get a ladder: If you’re going to be attaching lights to anything high up, then you’ll need a ladder. Unless you’re exceptionally tall, chances are you’ll need a ladder to reach some of the higher spots where you want to hang your lights. Invest in a good quality ladder that’s tall enough for the job, and be sure to follow all safety precautions when using it.
- Take your time: Christmas lighting installation can be time-consuming, so it’s important to set aside enough time to do the job right. If you’re rushed, you’re more likely to make mistakes-and that could end up costing you more money in the long run. Rushing through the installation process is a surefire way to make mistakes-and end up with a less than perfect display. So take your time, and enjoy the process of creating your own festive Christmas light display.
- Get help: If you’re not confident in your ability to install Christmas lights, or if you simply don’t have the time to do it yourself, then consider hiring a professional Christmas lighting installer. Yes, it will cost you more money upfront, but it could save you time and hassle in the long run.
- Be safe: When installing your own Christmas lights, be sure to take safety precautions. Use a ladder or step stool to reach high areas, and never overload electrical outlets. Also, be sure to unplug the lights before you leave the house or go to bed.
- Bring in the experts: If you’re not confident in your ability to install Christmas lights, there’s no shame in enlisting the help of a professional. Many electricians offer reasonable rates for this service, and it’ll save you the headache of doing it yourself.
Hiring a professional Christmas lighting installer can be a great way to save time and ensure that your lights are installed correctly. However, it’s important to do your research to find a reputable and affordable company. Get quotes from several different companies before making your decision, and be sure to read reviews to get an idea of what others have experienced.
Installing your own Christmas lights can be a great way to save money and get into the holiday spirit. By following these tips, you can ensure that your lights are installed correctly and safely-and that your home looks its best this holiday season!
Patriot Illumination – Wilmington Christmas Light Installation
229-B Transfer Station Rd Unit 2, Hampstead, NC 28443