SERVICE AGREEMENT - POLICIES,
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Patriot Illumination will provide design, installation, removal and storage of holiday decorations. All lighting and decorations remain the property of the Patriot Illumination. This service agreement outlines the expectations/acknowledgment of the client.
Lighting and Decorations:
* Patriot Illumination warranties the quality of our decorations and workmanship as described below. Should you have any problems with the decorations, we want to correct them as soon as possible.
* Homeowners are responsible for providing and maintaining adequate and functional electrical outlets adjacent to the proposed locations for lit decorations, tree lights and building lights. GFCI receptacles can, will, and should interrupt power to décor or lighting in the presence of water or heavy moisture sometimes caused by rain, fog, dew, and sprinklers. Wet décor, lighting, outlets and surrounding areas may take several hours after exposure, and in some cases days, to completely dry before receptacles can be reset and power restored. Patriot Illumination is not responsible for outlets that will not reset due to the presence of moisture. Lighting or décor outages must be reported. Patriot Illumination is not responsible for unreported outages.
* Repairs needed due to vandalism, extraordinary weather conditions, landscapers cutting lines, and customer added lights are not warrantied and will be billed as additional services.
* Power failure or tripping of GFCI circuits that occur as a result of inclement weather is not the responsibility of Patriot Illumination. We will perform required service calls to solve these issues but we will not be held liable for damages that may occur as a result of nature.
* Upon reinstallation, all non-functioning bulbs and or miniature light sets will be replaced at no additional charge for a three-year warranty period from original installation date.
* As trees/plantings grow, we will add additional lights to any landscape lighting at our discretion, and bill service at the appropriate rates. Any additional items requested at the time of service will also be invoiced accordingly.
* If the client decides to try and change timer settings and a resolution cannot be made over the phone to fix the settings, a $75 service fee will be charged.
* If the client plugs lighting sets not provided by Patriot Illumination into timers and/or plugs provided by Patriot Illumination, the warranty will be voided and a minimum of a $75 fee will be charged along with an hourly rate to resolve any problems.
* Installation and Removal dates: Keep in mind the weather plays a large factor in this seasonal business. Safety of our staff, your home, and material is our main priority. We will do our very best to fulfill everyone’s needs to bring out the festive holiday spirit of lighting decor.
* Patriot Illumination will start installing for all existing customers during the month of October and into the first week of November. The installation included during this time frame will be roof lighting, trees and shrubs. This will allow Patriot Illumination to install and keep up with the demand of new clientele.
* At the end of the lighting season the homeowner is obligated to unplug cords from timers and to contact Patriot Illumination to schedule a takedown date.
* Patriot Illumination retains sole discretion as to the timing of services and no breach of contract occurs based on dates of services.
* Seasonal Lighting: All standard lighting that is installed is suitable only to be used as seasonal, temporary lighting activated by timers unless otherwise specified. Patriot Illumination can only warrantee seasonal lighting up to 90 days or warranty will be voided. If the homeowner chooses to run lighting continuously with no timer, any warranty will be voided after the first season.
* Permanent Lighting: If requesting permanent lighting, monthly service fees will be included. If issues arise that cannot be fixed by use of ladders, a lift rental fee will be charged to the client. If materials need to be replaced over the course of the year, additional fees will apply.
* Bows on wreaths: Bows are not warrantied. If a bow happens to become dislodged and a new bow is needed for the season, Patriot Illumination will replace at no additional cost.
* Photos: Please note, unless otherwise agreed upon, Patriot Illumination reserves the right to take photos of our décor services on your property and to use as representation for marketing purposes including but not limited to brochures, portfolios, internet or postcards. The use of photos does not imply that any financial or other compensation will be given for said use. Addresses will not be disclosed with the exception of the town name. Further, we reserve the right on commercial accounts to state the property name and/or address.
* Billing Issues and Quality of Service: In the event that you have a question regarding any billing, please contact our office within 7 days, or we will assume that billing is correct. All services, unless otherwise agreed, are billed at the time of installation.
* Services include materials, set up, installation accessories, labeling, removal and boxing of décor. Storage of all décor is also included with the service. Patriot Illumination guarantees the quality of all materials and workmanship; however, any questions regarding the quality of workmanship must be addressed within 7 days of service or before the next service is to be performed, whichever comes first.
* Terms and Conditions: A 50% non-refundable deposit is due to secure your reservation upon agreement of terms to secure lights and decorations prior to installation. The remaining 50% payment is due upon completion of installation.
* In the event payment is not made within the terms of the invoice, a time-price differential (FINANCE CHARGE) of 18% per annum, but in no event in excess of the maximum amount allowed by law, shall be assessed and due on the unpaid balance from the due date until payment is received in full by Patriot Illumination.
* Payment is due upon installation of lights. If payment is not received during the time of installation, the credit card on file will be charged the following day.
* An additional 10% fee of the total bill will be added to the payment if not received within the 14-day period (unless otherwise specified with client).
* An additional 15% fee of the total bill will be added to the payment if not received after 21 days (unless otherwise specified with client).
* An additional 20% fee of the total bill will be added to the payment if not received after one month from invoice date (unless otherwise specified with client).
* Payments received will be applied first to any outstanding FINANCE CHARGE and the remainder to the unpaid balance on the account. In the event the client fails to make payments as required, the account shall be considered to be in default and the client shall be responsible for costs of collection and reasonable attorney fees, as allowed by law.
* Payment will be accepted by check, cash, credit card or PayPal.
* Limited Warranty and Limitation of Liability and Remedies: BOTH PARTIES TO THIS CONTRACT AGREE THAT IN THE EVENT OF THE FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION OF THE LIGHTING AND/OR DECORATIONS PROVIDED, THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AVAILABLE TO THE CLIENT SHALL BE THE REFUND OF THE COST OF THE SERVICES PROVIDED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT OR THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE LIGHTING AND/OR DECORATIONS, TO BE DETERMINED SOLELY AT THE DISCRETION OF THE SERVICE PROVIDER. BOTH PARTIES AGREE THAT PATRIOT ILLUMINATION WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE CAUSED TO THE PROPERTY OF THE CLIENT BY ANY FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION OF THE LIGHTING AND DECORATIONS PROVIDED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT. SOME STATES MAY NOT ALLOW FOR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. BOTH PARTIES AGREE THAT ANY CLAIM BY THE CLIENT THAT THE WORKMANSHIP OR MATERIALS USED ARE DEFECTIVE OR NONCONFORMING MUST BE BROUGHT TO THE ATTENTION OF PATRIOT ILLUMINATION IN WRITING WITHIN 72 HOURS OF THE SERVICE AND FAILURE TO DO SO RESULTS IN A COMPLETE AND FINAL WAIVER OF ALL CLAIMS.
I have read, understand and agree to the above policies, terms, and conditions. Client has the right to rescind this contract by giving written notice to the service provider within three days from the date signed.